Thursday, March 17, 2011

Army Wife.

It has been a while since I updated this blog. A lot has changed. The drive down was a bit different. The goodbyes were the hardest. As I left my house around 8am, I was making perfect timing. I was supposed to be in North Carolina around 7-8pm. I got to the last toll both in West Virginia, and my car stalled out. "Hold on just a second." I told the toll operator. I shut off my car and turned it back on. It started, but the steering was off. I put all I had to turn the wheel to the right to get off the next exit. As i pulled off the freeway, I shut my car off and heard a lot of banging and leaking. I got out to check it out and coolant was leaking EVERYWHERE. I flashed my hazards on and a few different people stopped by to help. I was two miles away from my radiator going into my engine. Nice. I'm standing outside in the 80 degree weather that feels like 100, and these people tell me they can fix it for 300 dollars. I start crying, "I only have 200 on me and I have to get to North Carolina." I pull the sob story about my boyfriend being in Afghanistan and I'm trying to get down to Fort Bragg. The people felt bad for me so they fixed it for free. I finally got down to North Carolina at 6am the FOLLOWING day. The day came to where I would meet Jeff at green ramp (where the flights came in). I was a nervous wreck. Have you ever felt so nervous that you wanted to pee and puke at the same time? Yep, that was me. Things went great. We got everything settled into our apartment and life was perfect. In october, Jeff told me he wanted to re-enlist. But in order for us to live together at another duty station, we would have to be married. Soooo you guessed it: I am NOW an army wife!! We got married October 16th, 2010 in a cute little chapel. I had a beautiful dress and we were surrounded by everyone we loved and everyone that loved us. It was the best day of my life. Now living as a married couple we do not have any children but we adopted a pure bred bassett hound, named Bella. She is the best dog in the world and is beautiful. She brings a smile to my day. Since Jeff has re-enlisted our duty station is going to be at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii. We leave in July. Anyways, I have to cut this short today because it's St. Pattys day and hubby is hungry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment